Friday, December 13, 2013

Yankees Already Tampering With Mike Trout


Yankees president Randy Levine decided to get a little head start this morning on the bidding war for Mike Trout in 2018.  While explaining the Yankees (new) stance against 10-year deals for 30 year olds, Levine said, "If Mike Trout was here, I would recommend a 10-year contract. But for people over 30, I don’t believe it makes sense."  Although it may seem like an innocuous example, that is the most classic case of tampering I have seen in a long time.  As if I don't already have nightmares about Trout in pinstripes, the Yankees announce 5 years early that there is no way the Angels should even bother trying.

You may think I'm overreacting, but imagine if it was Kershaw.  I'm pretty sure Jerry Dipoto is gay for Tyler Skaggs after trading for him twice for no reason, and the thought of losing Trout (even in 5 years) is too much for me in the same week we traded away 400 career homeruns (Read: Trumbo, Mark) for 2 no-name lefties that will never make a meaningful contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment