Monday, September 9, 2013

USC's Lane Duck Head Coach


I've been hesitant to write this.  I wanted my anger to subside.  I've been numb to the world all day.  I couldn't sleep.  I tried to let out my frustration on the driving range, but that only made it worse.  I have a new-found respect for those afflicted with depression.  The crowd at the Coliseum was unlike anything I've ever witnessed in my 20 years of obsession -- and rightfully so.  Seeing thousands of people filing out with 7 minutes left in a tie game was surreal to say the least.  Lane Kiffin clearly sealed his fate as a lame duck coach last night, so the only question is when the hammer will come down.

Honestly, I don't need Kiffin fired.  Not until after UCLA.  He just simply cannot be allowed to call one more play.  Every single team in FBS (Read: D1) football has a pass of over 20 yards thus far in 2013 except USC.  We also have Marqise Lee, reigning Biletnikoff award winner for the best wide receiver in the country.  The only common denominator between these two conflicting facts is coaching.  The stadium-wide boos were connected almost entirely to each successive, failed bubble screen.  I challenge someone to find a coach more afraid to throw over the middle.  DT recruit Tashon Smallwood decommitted after the game, but I was just surprised he was the only one.  A few people have asked me what I predict for our season record.  If Kiffin continues to be too big of a pussy to even try, I really don't know what to think about the rest of the season. 

The Defense looks as good as I can remember, but both opponents have been mediocre to piss-poor.  I shutter when I think of the shellacking we are going to take at the hands of Stanford.  Hilariously, we are favored by 14 pts versus BC right now.  Easy money.  I daydream of Ed O assuming control of the team, but I know that is a pipe dream for now.  Raise your hand if you are excited about Boston College next week at noon.  Thanks Pac-12 Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment