Wednesday, January 8, 2014

NBA Rules For Traveling


Are there any???  Over the last 5 years, I have seen more uncalled traveling violations than I did in my previous 20 years.  This gif from last night is a perfect example since it really shows how little attention referees pay to players accepting passes in the triple threat position on the perimeter.  This is the true hotbed of uncalled travels.  The other, of course, is allowing players three step run-ups for dunks, but they do that for fans / highlights.  I get that.  The taking of three steps to catch a pass in triple threat and rampant illegal switching of pivot feet on the perimeter is unconscionable in my opinion.  The longer the NBA lets this go unaddressed, the worse the problem will become.

But in all honesty, shouldn't that feel awkward/off/weird for an experienced All-Star to take 6 or 7 steps without ever putting the ball on the floor.  I look extremely guilty after an obvious travel or double dribble.  This seems to just be part of D-Wade's game now.  Very odd.

No comments:

Post a Comment