Thursday, February 13, 2014

OJ Simpson's On A Hunger Strike


The Juice is going on a hunger strike in prison, as he is so depressed after losing his appeal against bogus kidnapping charges last year.  He's quoted, "I used to live my way, and now I'm going to die my way."  I don't normally give hunger strike stories much of a 2nd look for a couple of reasons.  In the case of Guantanamo Bay, I'm fine with all of those unfortunate souls starving to death, so good riddance.  But in the United States, especially with someone as high profile as OJ, they're going to put him on a feeding tube before anything bad actually happens anyway.  A closer reading of the article goes on to explain that his children get his pension money if he dies in jail.  If he gets paroled in 4 years, the Goldman's are still entitled to millions of dollars in restitution for a crime he clearly didn't commit.  See below.


In other news, we have moved into 2nd place in the medal count behind Norway and in front of Canada.  Two downhill skiers tied for the gold medal, yet they refuse to use thousandths of a second for no discernible reason.  Comcast & Time Warner are scissoring into the world's worst cable provider / monopoly, only furthering the cutting of cords nationwide.  My true fear of women wising up to their subsidizing of my sports programming just got one step closer to coming true.  I randomly looked up Curling shoes last night, since I have no idea how they work.  My search didn't really help.  Then I saw this.  Makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment