Tuesday, August 18, 2015

49ers Rugby Star Jarryd Hayne Is A Beast



When I saw these highlights yesterday, I was shocked by the stark difference in running styles.  Running backs dancing around in the backfield is one of my biggest pet peeves on offense, but you don't have to worry about that with Jarryd Hayne.  His rugby steps actually look strange on a football field because he isn't trying to cut or make you miss.  His telling you, "Good luck tackling me at full speed."  I've been begging for football to embrace laterals over the years, basically ever since that crazy 2007 Fiesta Bowl between Boise State - Oklahoma.  Everyone remembers the statue of liberty play to win the game, but no one remembers the hook and ladder Boise St. pulled off on 4th & 18 in order to get to overtime.  I am well aware that limiting turnovers is the name of the game in the NFL, but if Jarryd Hayne/49ers can design a few sweeps with a wide receiver trailing him wide by the sideline, we would all be better off.  Here's to hoping Jarryd Hayne can bring the lateral out of retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment