Monday, May 4, 2015

MayPac Sucked Exactly Like We Thought



I'm not the least bit ashamed to say that I fell asleep during the 9th-10th rounds of the fight on Saturday night.  It had been a marathon of a day and with the exception of Pacquiao's one punch that caught Mayweather in the 4th or 5th round, the fight was a total dud.  People say boxing is dead for a variety of reasons, but the main reason is that nobody tries to knock anybody out anymore.  The prop bet for total rounds on Saturday night was 11.5 rounds.  Boxing for a decision is not the batshit crazy Tyson-style boxing we grew up with, and worse yet will be concussion awareness robbing us all of these classic fights and fighting styles.  I don't want to get on my high horse and say that I'm not watching the rematch, because I'm definitely going to stream it.  Either way, fuck Floyd Mayweather.  His style epitomizes everything that is wrong with boxing, and the judges reward him for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment