Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Universal Studios Opening Fast & Furious Supercharged Ride



I haven't been to the Universal Studios theme park since I was a kid, but I now have a reason to go experience all the new rides and tours of the more recent movies - Waterworld, Jurassic Park, Transformers, and now Fast & Furious Supercharged.  I was perusing the Universal Studios website when I noticed a class system built into the tickets.  Don't get me wrong, I have always liked the way Disneyland handled the Fast Pass system.  It allows you to prioritize your time at the park.  On the other hand, Universal Studios appears to have no shame about this policy of $80 all-day pass, $149 front of the line pass, $299 VIP experience.  For what it's worth, the VIP experience looks like a colossal waste of money, and a Smug Lane at a theme park sounds like class warfare to me.  Why aren't the Hollywood libs up in arms?  Disneyland is now up to $100 per person, but you still at least have to pretend to need a wheelchair for the VIP experience.  And Disneyland had a 24 hour 60th Anniversary celebration over this past Memorial Day Weekend, and the description of "Soviet-era lines" is basically my nightmare.


No comments:

Post a Comment