Thursday, March 13, 2014

Steve Nash's Brutal Honesty



As a Laker fan, this is hard to listen to.  If I were in his shoes, I would want the money too.  The "X" amount of dollars that he has made in his career is $137 million, or $146 million after next season.  Cut that in half for Uncle Sam, divide it in half again for his ex-wife & kids, and you get about $37.5 million.  I'd guess he's already spent $20 million over the last 18 years in the NBA on cars, houses, etc, so the remaining $9 million means he for sure doesn't have to work another day in his life.  I know I'm neglecting his endorsement deals, but I doubt he has any desire to become a talking head in order to keep up the lifestyle he's accustomed to.

What Nash fails to realize is that he is now the AROD of the Lakers franchise.  The largest fanbase in the sport will forever hate him for his selfishness in the twilight of his career.  Enjoy living in Phoenix or America's Hat after next season, cuz I doubt he will want to stick around LA.

No comments:

Post a Comment