Monday, July 14, 2014

End of World Cup Marks Largest Day for BCS


Mario Götze (which I refuse to pronounce as anything but Goatse) scored a very late goal in extra time yesterday to secure the World Cup victory for Germany.  In my hurry to escape soccer for 4 more years, I flipped over to the NFL Network directly after the final whistle, since I could not watch Schweinsteiger act hurt any longer.  In my haste, I missed all of the German WAGs running train over the postgame coverage.  I had completely forgotten that I had long ago dedicated a Morning Melons to Götze's girlfriend Ann-Kathrin Vida.  As such, BCS blew up yesterday, getting 6 times the pageviews as the previous best day in this blog's history.  Maybe soccer isn't so bad after all.  And the new College Football Playoff trophy looks like a vagina.  I would even go so far as to say the committee is "putting the pussy on a pedestal."  And it definitely doesn't have the same ring to it as hoisting the crystal ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment