Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Tuesday Morning Boredom


I couldn't sleep last night, so I was scrolling through Reddit hoping to cure my infinite boredom.  The mother of a soldier in Afghanistan posted this note she supposedly received from her AWOL son.  She transcribed the letter as "Hello, mom. I'm sorry I didn't write to you sooner. I feel terrible about running away, but I want you to know that I'm fine. I'm coming home soon. I love you so much. I can't wait to see you. I'm OK. Love you, mom. Bye bye."  She was concerned about his mental state given the manner and strange structure in which the letter was written.  After she posted a picture of the letter, a Redditor came back with a very scary translation.  AaronJones06 said, "It's Morse code. Lower case = dot. Upper case = dash. Comma = break. ---Kidnapped by Taliban -Torture -No food -They will kill me -Help help help---"  Interesting reading for 2am, but this letter screams internet hoax to me.  The crumbled up paper with no folds does not really explain how such a letter could possibly be delivered to a captured soldier's family.  Either way, let's hope this is a hoax.  And this bro has a scary perfect Washington Nationals beard.

No comments:

Post a Comment