Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The High Five Is Gayer Than You Thought



Grantland's 30 for 30 Shorts just posted this documentary on the origin of the High Five celebration.  I did not know this story, nor did I know anything about Glenn Burke beforehand.  It's fascinating ESPN was able to trace this iconic gesture to one specific moment in Dodgers history.  The main thing that I came away with from this video is that the Gay Mafia has been unfairly labeling Michael Sam & Jason Collins as heroic pioneers when Glenn Burke was clearly out of the closet 35 years earlier.  Gay rights have been moving forward at a record pace since the Community Organizer-in-Chief took over in 2008, so I guess I understand the need to strike while the narrative is still hot.  Somehow the Gay Mafia must not think they can rally people around the High Five, the most pervasive celebration of all-time, as the ultimate symbol of inclusiveness.

PS - Don't tell me there's no Gay Mafia.  You only need to look at Tony Dungy's public lynching this week for further proof.  Or ask that cocksucking fag, Alec Baldwin.

No comments:

Post a Comment