Friday, July 18, 2014

Is It 5 O'clock Yet?


This might be my favorite picture in months.  Joe Ligotti is the exact caricature of a mobster union rep.  If you removed his name and title, I still would've guessed his name was Joe and that he was connected to a union/mob.  The flat-top, the biggest 2nd chin I've ever seen, the dueling chain bracelets and necklace, and the unlit cigar to boot - It's like he just walked out of the Double Deuce.  My guess would be that he's explaining the size of the hoagie he wants for lunch.  That said, it kinda makes me happy that the mob so blatantly still exists in 2014.  I'm sure Ligotti is quite the "worker."

In other news, I just read this fascinating long-read about Tom Emanski and those back-to-back-to-back AAU National Championship commercials.  I feel like his name recognition alone would be enough to retry this business model with updated videos today, but it sounds like he has less than no interest.  And it was 15 years ago today that Jean Van De Velde shat down his leg of the 72nd hole of the British Open at Carnoustie.  Happy Anniversary Jean!

No comments:

Post a Comment