Friday, April 25, 2014

Lots Of Stuff Going Into The Weekend



I laughed at this video twice yesterday before a buddy sent it to me this morning.  That's reason enough for me to throw it up here.  I can't tell if my favorite part of the video is the conviction in his answer or the woman in the audience who starts furiously clapping for the answer.  Then I heard Jeff fucking Samardzija called out baseball players for taking "crummy seven or eight year deals," saying he was going to hold out for a longer deal in Chicago in order to "help the future generations of players."  Think about how absurd that is.  Jeff Samardzija is 29-37 as a starter in Major League Baseball with an ERA over 4.  What sort of deal does he think those numbers command?  Theo Epstein might as well let him walk right now.  No one would ever want someone with that lack of self-awareness in an analytical locker room.  Then Doc Rivers calling Chris Paul "Cliff" in the post-game presser made me smile.  State Farm's marketing department should pop champagne.



Then I saw Bernie Kosar was in the news for saying that he got fired from his CBS Cleveland broadcasting job for his slurred speech.  While I considered his last decade or so of a drunken stupor culminating in a DUI last October, I thought this was a very logical reason for CBS to go in a different direction.  Bernie is claiming now that his slurred speech is from CTE and his repeated concussions - everybody's favorite buzzword and catchall for all the problems of broke ex-NFL stars - not his documented alcoholism.  He probably didn't sign onto the class action, and this is step one in his forthcoming lawsuit against the NFL.  And in other news, this video of a baseball being crushed under 100,000 lbs of force is fun to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment