Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Kobe Bryant Can't Get No Respect For 32,000 Points


Kobe Bryant has got to be sick & tired of ESPN's constant slighting of his accomplishments.  It was headline news a week ago when Kobe took over the dubious honor of "most missed FGs all time."  Nevermind how consistently dependable you have to be for an automatic green light for 20 years, let's give the "Kobe's selfish" story some more legs.  Give me a break.  Last night, the Black Mamba got a bigger celebration from Hawks & displaced Lakers fans in Atlanta than he did on Sportscenter.  Nevermind that Kobe is going to finish with the most points for a guard in the history of the game of basketball, it's not Kobe's fault Jordan got caught gambling and was forced into baseball for 2 years.  The two headlines ahead and above Kobe's record-breaking accomplishment were "Gayson Collins retires from NBA" and "Mark Cuban - 'I just hope the Lakers suck forever.'"  At this point, I've resigned myself to the fact that every mainstream media source, sports and/or political, is diametrically opposed to anything I support.  USC, the Pac-12, the Lakers, the Seahawks, and the Angels are shat on constantly.  Thank god for Jameis Winston, or I'd never hear the end of Josh Shaw.  And get excited for 5 million new Democrats on Friday morning.  I know I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment