Tuesday, August 19, 2014

College Football Playoff - Preseason Predictions


With Ohio State taking a giant leap backwards after the news of Braxton Miller's injury yesterday, I feel like it's time for a breakdown of how I think the new College Football Playoff is going to play out.  Everyone from the SEC is expecting to get two teams into the playoff, and they are probably right.  I predict Bama, LSU, & Auburn are the only ones vying for a spot by season's end.  Ohio State & Michigan State are the most likely candidates out of the Big Ten.  Baylor and Oklahoma are the likely Big-12 teams.  Oh yeah, Florida State is getting in the playoff even if they have a loss, so I'm considering them guaranteed.  The only way FSU doesn't get into the playoff is if Jameis Winston's held accountable for the crimes he will undoubtedly commit this season.  Don't hold your breath.

In my opinion, the Pac-12 is the most up for grabs, and therefore in the most precarious position.  USC, UCLA, Stanford, the Oregons, and both Zona schools all truly believe they can win their divisions.  I predict that the Pac-12 will cannibalize itself to the point where the conference champion will have a minimum of two losses.  This is a very serious problem for the Pac-12. 

I guarantee there are more than four undefeated or 1-loss teams after the conference championship games.  So that leaves us with this very poignant question - Will a 1-loss Big-10 team, a 1-loss Big-12 team, or the SEC runner-up keep out a 2-loss Pac-12 team?  Short answer - YES.  Thus, I'm predicting an absolute shitshow for these last two slots in the playoff come December.  My best guess would be FSU, Bama, Ohio State/Michigan State, and Auburn/LSU.  What east coast bias?

And as far as I can tell, these new Notre Dame undershirts are not a joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment