Monday, August 25, 2014

Jurassic Park Grandpa Richard Attenborough Died



I went to bed hoping Suge Knight would be the 3rd Celebrity to die after Robin Williams and Lauren Bacall.  Instead I woke up with the horrifying news of Richard Attenborough's passing.  Attenborough was an uncanny Kris Kringle, and he was awesome as Big X in The Great Escape, but he will always be John Hammond to my generation.  Now I desperately need to watch Jurassic Park and Jeff Goldblum.  And it must be before football season starts up again on Thursday night.  On a related note, I laughed out loud when I saw this hilariously awful trailer on reddit last week.  After the Jurassic Park mania, Theodore Rex somehow got green-lit and "spared no expense" in becoming the most expensive direct-to-video film ever made at the time of its release.  Theodore Rex also has the distinction of being the only direct-to-video film ever nominated for a Razzie.


No comments:

Post a Comment