Friday, September 5, 2014

Ron Washington Resigns To Go To Rehab, Someone Owes Me A Dollar


Back in 2010, Ron Washington got in trouble for cocaine as the manager of the Texas Rangers.  I remember thinking what an easy Halloween costume it would be that year if only I were black, but my roommate and I got extra special enjoyment out of his quotes after the incident. If you believe some of this absolute bullshit in the ESPN puff piece, Washington claims it was the first and only time he had done cocaine.  He also claims that he turned himself in without even as much as a drug test being administered.  I wasn't born yesterday, but a manager whose been around "greenies" for years doesn't dabble in cocaine for the first time at age 57.  As laughable as it gets.  He resigned today, citing an "off-the-field personal matter."  I knew that the booger sugar would catch up to him at some point, so it makes sense that he's finally admitting a problem at 62 years of age.  The irony of Washington bumping rails in one room of the clubhouse as the rest of the team douses each other in ginger ale for Josh Hamilton's sake is almost too much for me.  Let's hope Ron gets the help he needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment