Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sorry For Partying, BCS is Back


I've basically been in mourning since Saturday night, so I apologize for taking a few days off.  My golf trip to Boston was all time, so there is a little silver lining to the trip.  I was at the Big A last night to see the Angels clinch the first playoff spot, but Pujols pulled his hamstring in the process.  The Angels still have a long way to win the pennant, but somehow I doubt Joseph Gordon-Levitt's deadbeat Dad cares very much.  In other news, I still haven't stopped laughing since I saw this quote from Jim Harbaugh.



Which of those "two very strong principles in play" outweighs the other?  I just love the way he listed them.  He basically said, "First and foremost, we will not tolerate domestic violence.  And 2nd and foremost-er, we will respect due process more than we will not tolerate domestic violence."  Such classic circular speech patterns would even make Jay Carney blush.  I haven't laughed that hard at a blatant hypocite on TV in a while.  Thanks Jim for getting the hurt out.  It's been a tough few days.

Olbermann was on his soapbox last night about Adrian Peterson and child abuse.  Uncharacteristically, I agreed with him almost 100%.  An NFL player beating a 4 year old child with a tree branch so hard that it breaks the skin is criminally psychotic.  And His text messages prove that he had no remorse for the damage he had imparted onto the child.  Absolutely sickening.  The reason I stated earlier that I agreed "almost 100%" is that Olbermann didn't see any humor in the picture below.  Sometimes you need to make jokes, since the NFL is so serious these days.


And Ditka sticking to his guns/Bears is one of my favorite things about him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment